Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Changes

Success is living up to your potential. That's all. Wake up with a smile and go after life...Live it, enjoy it, taste it, smell it, feel it.- Joe Kapp

Well I got what I wanted, my position is redundant as of the 6th July. This cloud does have a silver lining though, I am in discussions with the former General Manager who has offered me a role with him. The new role will combine my current skills with the addition of corporate communications and training. Effectively I lose the icky parts of my current role and gain the ones I want more experience in.

Even better is that it's with a Manager who I work very well with and have an immense amount of respect for. All of this is subject to a meeting with him on Friday and discussions regarding remuneration, I already have an indication from him that this will go well. It also means I will stay with the same parent company, but in the corporate division and I will keep all of my entitlements. Fingers crossed this all goes well.

Cheers for now

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts