Saturday, July 24, 2010

My idea of bliss

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams - Eleanor Roosevelt

I know I'm getting old when my idea of of a good night is sitting curled up on the lounge on a Saturday night and revelling in the peace and quiet. It's 10.30 and everyone in the house is asleep. Hubby has just come off night shift, so has gone to sleep on the lounge. Both boys are in bed and asleep, even socialite 15 year old MM is in bed asleep and not out with his mates.

I can put what I want on the TV, crank up the heater, slurp on my hot chocolate and write to my hearts content with no interruptions, no distractions - ah true bliss!

I have been giving serious thought to my career options and what I want to do. I know I should be expanding on my current job qualifications and getting a 'piece of paper' which says that I can do the job. But I'm torn between getting formal qualifications for what I have current experience in or expanding on my qualifications in English and Creative Writing and doing some graduate studies in communications or similar, with the aim of getting into corporate communications and the like. This would mean a whole new career direction and taking a step down the financial ladder that I've successfully climbed in the last four years.

Not to mention convincing hubby that more money spent on studying is worthwhile. Decisions, decisions, I'm hoping they will make me redundant at work next week, I've put my hand up to go with the next round of redundancies coming through the company. Then I might just sit home and write the Great Australian novel.

Cheers for now

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts