Friday, July 30, 2010

New Challenges

Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.

New job starts on Monday 9th, discussions went well today. I am looking very forward to the challenges ahead and learning new things. Emotions are running very high at work at the moment, a lot of good people were made redundant yesterday. So many people have touched my heart with their comments and support, it really makes you realise how appreciated you are.
Of course my department is the one that deals with all of this. Quite ironic really that I was the one talking with people, following their notification, and I was in the same boat as them.

I have the added benefit that I have something lined up and I knew a long time in advance that mine was coming and was quite happy about it, but my heart goes out to those with families and mortgages and the prospect of job hunting. There's nothing nice about redundancies - it breaks my heart when you are affecting peoples lives. It's the ultra crappy part of HR.

Really not in the mood for writing more tonight, cheers for now

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts