Sunday, August 8, 2010

What they see

An error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it. - Orlando A. Battista

It is amazing how much our children see or understand, without us realising. My 13 year old MM was discussing my upcoming new job (I start tomorrow) and made the comment that I seem happier and not as agitated. I only finished up my job on Friday and already he can distinguish the difference in my behaviour. My lesson here - never believe that our children don't see and understand what we are doing and feeling.

I am still finding it hard to let go of work though, even though it is no longer my concern or my responsibility. I find my mind drifting to things I want to check or follow up on and then I remember that I don't need to. How do CEO's and high level Managers walk away from companies that they've been running for years, where work is a part of their everyday thought processes and routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts