Thursday, November 18, 2010

Birthdays Suck

Age is something that doesn’t matter, unless you are a cheese. Billie Burke

I don't know why I put so much importance on my birthday, after all it is just another day. My birthday was on Monday and I should have stayed in bed - I woke up in a foul mood (hubby helped with that) He woke me up at 5am to tell me to roll over and stop snoring because he couldn't hear the morning news on the TV before he got up to get ready for work.

Ergh, then I stayed awake for an hour and dozed off again. Slept through my alarm and the day went downhill from there. Was running late for work, dropped the cup cakes that I'd made for work and then got caught in a traffic jam because of an accident.

I just felt totally out of sorts all day. Luckily hubby had realised the error of his ways and when I got home from work, the house was spotless and he'd bought all of the ingredients for a special birthday dinner. Next year though, I think I'll stay in bed for the day.

Well it seems that every person I know is moving to Renmark. My brother and his family moved up there last Christmas, mum and dad bought a house up there last week and move in December and then I found out one of best friends is moving up there in April. With the mass exodus out of Adelaide, hubby has unequivocally stated we're not moving to Renmark - party pooper!

I'm going to be in this house for the next 50 years, especially now that we have the 'Taj Mahal' in the form of a shed. Not that I would move up there with a 'grandbaby' on the way. I guess I'm just going to be having lots of holidays in Renmark. I'm taking the boys up for a week after Christmas, hubby is staying home because he is working. He gets 5 weeks off in February though.

Well now that I am only 51 weeks off the big 40, I had better pull my finger out in terms of my writing. I've always promised myself that I should have my book written before I turn 40, so I'm running out of time.

That's all for now, cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts