Wednesday, December 22, 2010

One of those days

Fortify yourself with a flock of friends! There is always at least one who will understand, inspire, and give you the lift you may need at the time. George M. Adams

What a horrible day, spent all week looking forward to catching up with old work mates for Chrissy drinks and then ended up with a migraine and slept the afternoon away instead. Consequently it is now after 11pm and I am wide awake. Still have a bit of a headache but am not tired at all. Erggh!

Had a phone call from my boss this morning and a decision on the project is now not expected until June next year, so not sure how long I will have a job for when I return to work in January. I may be looking for a new job, who knows. I guess a change is as good as a holiday as the saying goes.

Then my third crappy piece of news today - yes it was the day for it, eldest sons girlfriend (future mother-to-be of my grandchild) is now not coming away with us for the break. She has her 12 week scans and blood tests next week and has decided to spend the week with her mum instead of going away. Was very disappointed about this, but what can you do?

On the good news front, I am just shy of 10,000 words on my book, so I have been getting a lot of writing done this week which is pleasing. The way things are going, I may have a lot more time to write soon. As far as the work situation goes there's not much I can do about it, so I plan to just enjoy my break and make the most of the time off. Will worry about the future in January when I return. Probably easier said than done.

Have an appointment with the doc in the morning to get some more 'miracle' migraine drugs, they're like wafers actually and work a treat. He gave me 2 samples about 6 months ago to try and they're amazing. Have had 2 migraines in the last week though which I can put down to the state of my back and neck which are still not back to 100% after my graceful slide down mum and dad's front yard the other week.

Here's hoping tomorrow is a better day, ciao for now. Fi

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about all the rotten luck. Congratulations on the progress with the book. I hope it continues to keep you fired up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping by Tim, have checked out your blog also. I see that you are also a reasonably 'new' blogger. Good luck with the writing

    ReplyDelete

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts