Thursday, February 10, 2011

Facebook - Beware!

Good communication is as stimulating as black coffee and just as hard to sleep after. Anne Morrow Lindbergh

I am very annoyed with the fact that I got caught out, on Facebook that is. I innocently opened a post on my wall from my son and silly me participated in the stupid quiz that popped up. It took me quite a while to realise that every answer was in fact posting on all my friends walls, 25 posts in total before I realised and cancelled out of the quiz.

I'm not a huge user of Facebook, but I've found it handy to keep track of friends and family who live some distance away and also to ensure my children are not up to mischief. In other words I'm a little naive when it comes to new things on the site. I immediately posted a warning so that none of my friends were caught out and then I followed up with an apology for posting crap on their walls, even though I had no control over it.

I couldn't remove the posts or delete the quiz, it kept failing, which frustrated me even more. Who are the rotten little sods who write this crap, surely they could be using their brain cells to actually create something memorable and useful, not filling up walls with absolute rubbish. Well lesson learned, I will be more circumspect about things I open or view in the future.

Today was a much more productive day at work which was at least something, and I mean productive in terms of actual paid work. The good thing is that we're working at a different business site at the moment, so at least there's new people and new things to discover, which is interesting.

My family arrives from Renmark tomorrow for the weekend so I'm looking forward to catching up with them. Hubby's birthday is also tomorrow so we will be having friends over for a barbecue on Saturday night. We're christening hubby's new shed, celebrating his birthday and making the most of him being on holidays and not having to work weekends at the moment. Any excuse for a party in his eyes.

My backyard has been transformed back to its former beauty. I don't think it has been as clean and as organised for probably 12 months. I love it when my hubby is on holidays - so much gets done. Next on my list is a new bedroom suite, I just have to get him down to the furniture place to agree with my choice.

Well that's my news for now. Hope you all have a super weekend.

Cheers, Fi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts