Monday, March 28, 2011

Is no news actually good news?

This is my 100th post since I started this blog. I thought tonight I would be really celebrating, my 100th post ironically fell on the day we expected a decision from the Board on our project. The Board meeting was today in Sydney and we have heard nothing. The phone rang all afternoon from people who are expected to join the project team wanting to know if we had heard anything yet. Do these people not realise how many people's careers are on hold waiting for them to make a decision?

I have now been on this project for 233 days and we're still waiting for a decision. I am actually quite frustrated by this process, or maybe it's a lack of process that's the problem.

Okay now that I've got that out of my system (well for now at least) and because I'm feeling a little disheartened and not in the mood to write, I thought I'd share this recipe for happiness which I found in one of my old journals.



Recipe for Happiness

1) Take equal parts of healthy honest work, rest and recreation - mix very carefully with diligence, contentment and good temper.
2) Sift together with determination until all lumps of idleness, selfishness and despondency have gone.
3) Bring the whole mixture to a cream by adding the milk of human kindness and the spirit of consideration - pour in sympathy and add a sprinkling of smiles.
4) Colour with laughter and keep it where it can be seen.

That's it for me today, I'm going to go and have a big glass full of happiness and get my head back together with an hour of creativity on the page.

No one is in control of your happiness but you; therefore, you have the power to change anything about yourself or your life that you want to change. ~ Barbara de Angelis

1 comment:

  1. Lovely recipe.

    And yup -- it can be frustrating waiting for others to make decisions!

    Enjoy your evening with your glass full of happiness amidst those you love.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts