Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Life's little pleasures

On days like these when the tragedy in Japan fills the news, it reminds me of life’s little pleasures, of how special they are and of how much we should enjoy every small thing that brings us joy. So here are 15 things that make me smile, bring me pleasure and remind me I’m alive:

- balmy summer evenings
- scented bubble baths
- smooth clean bed sheets
- the smell of rain on freshly mowed grass
- baby fingers when they clench mine
- crispy apple pie with cream
- spring flowers
- the innocent giggle of a child
- losing a kilo without any effort
- a hot milky coffee
- laughs with my friends
- a warm bed
- talking with my children
- a word of encouragement
- a hug from my husband

I am thankful for all the little things in my life that remind me I'm alive - what about you, what brings you small moments of pleasure?

Life is made up of small pleasures. Happiness is made up of those tiny successes. The big ones come too infrequently. If you don't collect all these tiny successes, the big ones don't really mean anything ~ Norman Lear

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts