Monday, July 11, 2011

Wake up to a smile

How cute is this pic - another one from Nubia. Despite the picture I didn't wake up to a smile (hubby had gone to work) or with a smile this morning because it's winter; it was too early and it was Monday. My three non favourite things in the world. This has been the coldest, wettest winter I can remember in a lonnngg long time. I know we need the rain, but arggh it's so de-motivating.

I've got lots happening at work and a big weekend coming up so that motivates me even if the weather isn't co-operating. Good thing I caught up on some sleep this weekend. My brother and sister-in-law are coming down from Renmark this weekend coming so I'll get to catch up with them and my darling little nephew. You've probably cottoned onto the fact that I'm a sucker for babies and toddlers.

Hubby and I, and another couple are having a night in the city again on Friday night, the same place we stayed at a while back. The long and short of it, friends of our friends who booked two rooms at the same time we did have been unable to use the rooms and the voucher runs out so they've given them to us at no cost. Woohoo another night in a luxury hotel, yeah you know that I had to be talked into that, not!.

So the plan is to go to the city markets on Friday night and then out to dinner and then a nice soak in the heated pool and spa back at the hotel to cap off the night. So looking forward to it.

We also have friends coming for dinner on Saturday night and son, DIL and newest addition are coming as well to catch up with the family. Yes, I'll stand back and let them show off their bundle of joy and try not to hog him the whole night. Only because it's the polite thing to do.

Before I get to the fun things though, I have a huge week ahead of me at work. Three more weeks until I move into my new communications role and when I'll finally get some help with the mountain of work I'm trying to burrow my way through.

Well that 's my week ahead - what about yours? Whatever you're doing I hope you have a smiley one
Cheers, Fi

Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing. ~ Mother Teresa

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great week and weekend ahead for you Fi.

    It's raining here too -- and it's summer. We've had the worst spring/summer I can remember -- in a normally arid zone, we have flood watches posted everywhere!

    And I'm smiling -- I love that quote and if you don't mind, will use it today in my blog (with mention to finding it here of course!)

    Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts