Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The long and short of it

Long or short - it's a hot topic on the World Moms Blog forum today. Of course I'm talking about the length of blog posts - what did you think I was talking about?

Seriously the general consensus from the comments I've read is that shorter is better - people are busy and don't have time to read lengthy posts, especially when they visit numerous blogs. So where does that leave me, when I can't say anything quickly and consisely, and can I help it that I like to let the words flow?

I'm in two minds about this because yes I sometimes prefer shorter posts but I still want to get something from reading the post. Well written, lengthy posts which are interesting will still hold my attention. It's as much about the way it's written as it is the subject, length to me is secondary (with blog posts at least). Can I write that, of course I can - because it's my blog.

I'm attempting to keep this post brief - I can do that when I put my mind to it. However, I'm providing a link to a post I found this week and which was beautifully worded, it's worth a look and it starts like this

What are you doing right now?
Does it feel small and insignificant? Does if feel like you are really doing (being) something worthwhile, worthy?
Perhaps.
Or…perhaps not

click here to read more......

That's my 'short' post for today.

Cheers, Fi

2 comments:

  1. I've been told that too -- and I continue to write long :)

    I like your posts, just the way they are, however they are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's you blog, for you, if you like writing long posts then go right ahead.

    I don't think any of yours are too long anyway.

    ReplyDelete

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts