Monday, September 19, 2011

Believing in the power of 'me'

Today I'm sharing my thoughts on World Moms Blog about becoming a 'nani' at my tender young age (okay restrain your laughter).

Please feel free to go and check it out and share some comment love, but make sure you read about the 101 challenges in 1001 days here before you go.

I have to thank Tilly at The Laughing Housewife for suggesting I look at the 101 challenges in 1001 days. Firstly, it made me re-examine my busket list of 40 things which I wanted to achieve before I turned 40 and I realised that some of those on my list were merely statements and not actual activities or goals. No activity or task to complete.

Secondly, the suggestion also introduced me to some great new blogs and a whole set of new challenges and ideas to help me live my life, my way. My initial panic of trying to think up an additional 61 tasks for the list was minimised once I actually put my mind to it and starting thinking about all of the things that I want to do in my life.

Once I finalise my list then I will share them with you. If anyone is ahead of me with a list of goals ready to go then by all means go right ahead and join Tilly and her friend Sarsm for the 101 in 1001 challenge. It's a fun way of tracking our goals and really achieving the things we want to.

Personal growth seems to be all around me at the moment. Today was day one, of a two and a half day training course at work that I'm doing called 'Team Leadership and Effectiveness training'. All of the project team are doing this training to assist with obviously, working effectively as a team.

Ironically so many of the things that we are learning and discussing could be used just as effectively in our personal relationships and family situations. Once I've absorbed the entire contents of the course then I might share some of that with you all as well.

Well after a full day of having to use my brain in ways I don't normally have to, I'm a bit zapped. Hopefully I've provided you with something to build on in terms of your own self improvement or at the very least provided you with some interesting reading material.

Cheers, Fi

The highest proof of virtue is to possess boundless power without abusing it. ~ Lord Macaulay

1 comment:

  1. I'm intrigued and will go check it out! Thanks for the motivation.

    ReplyDelete

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts