Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Brain won't switch off

I need one of those switches which turns my brain off when I walk out the office door. My forty five minute drive home whizzes past because my brain is still going one hundred miles an hour with all those things that I still need to do.

You know that feeling when you drive somewhere and then you arrive at your destination and think how did I get here, well I'm probably suffering from that a little too frequently lately.

Today in our communication meeting the boss raised the suggestion of a blog for the project. Mmm getting paid to write blog posts as part of my job, that's going to be an imposition - not! I had to restrain myself from being too excited about this prospect.

Of course from this discussion then the off switch on my brain wouldn't work on the way home as I thought of all the different things I could do and add to the blog. I haven't had this sort of brain overload since my first days in the HR department at my former job. It's nice in a crazy sort of way

Using all of my forward thinking, I had already created a template to use for a project team blog (okay the truth is I set it up back when I was bored out of my brain with very little to do each day) Those days are just a vague memory now, with so much to do and not enough hours to do everything in.

What about you, do you like calm and organised, or crazy busy and not enough hours sort of days? As insane as the crazy days are, they're still what I like best.

Cheers, Fi

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond to it ~ Charles R Swindoll



No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts