Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Livin' Life

Yes Louise, I certainly do rock! I dragged my butt out of bed at 5.30 am this morning, well I only hit snooze once on my alarm instead of the normal 5 or 6 times. I got on my treadmill and while I only did a piddly 10 minutes of walking, I at least did it.

In fact it was easy, I put the television on the morning news and off I went walking my little heart out - mind you the hour was that early that even 'Boss' the magpie wasn't awake to squawk at me. No respect that bird, with it's head tucked under its wing ignoring my massive effort.

In fact despite how stupid this might sound, my whole day had a better feel about it. I was ready with time to spare this morning, despite walking. The day flowed beautifully and dammit I was proud that I had taken the first step. It's got to be easier from here.

So thank you people for inspiring me to do it, or at least making me feel that I owe it to you to follow through on my promises. In my eyes it doesn't matter how you make it happen, as long as you do make it happen. If me believing I owe it to you guys to stick to my word then whatever works.

I plan on walking five mornings a week, in other words only on weekdays and I will build up to the thirty minutes I was up to in November last year before my little accident. Do you want a laugh, because I can laugh about it now. I was helping my parents with their big house move, I'd especially taken the day off work which was an event in itself.

An hour after arriving at their house, early in the morning as well. I was carrying a television out to my car, a throw away that I was claiming for our shed. It wasn't too heavy but it was awkward and I slipped on the white rocks in their front yard. Flat on my back, my coccyx was the first to hit the ground. Now that was pain. I did my neck, my shoulder and my back. I couldn't walk properly for a month and even six months later my coccyx was tender.

So I think my reasoning for not getting on the treadmill in a hurry is a little bit warranted, plus the undeniable fact that I was the slightest bit lazy and unmotivated as well.

I saw the elephant pic in this post on a powerpoint presentation at my chiropractors' today so when I got home I had to google 'elephant water spray' to find it. I absolutely loved it. I'm not usually a huge fan of elephants but they seem to be growing on me and given that one of my challenges is to ride on an elephant, it seemed fitting.

That and the fact that I'm sure the only place I could ride an elephant is Thailand and visiting there is a another one of my challenges. Don't disillusion me and tell me where I can ride an elephant closer to home.

I'm still trying to convince hubby that just because he built a man cave (shed) doesn't mean we can't afford to go to Thailand. Does it? Positive thinking people, I am going to Thailand, it's just a matter of when.

Cheers, Fi

Life is
the only chance you get,
how you live it,
what you take from it,
how much you give back,
a joy and a heartbreak,
doing the best with what you have,
loving with all of your heart,
treating all forms of it with respect,
and a wondrous beautiful mystery. ~ C.Yost

1 comment:

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts