Monday, November 14, 2011

Beware - old lady ahead..........

It's late, but it's also my last night that I can say that I'm in my thirties. Tomorrow I enter the naughty forties. You may have noticed my two day absence from the blogosphere (and you may not have). Instead I spent valuable time with some of my favourite people.

Brother, sister-in-law and nephew arrived on Saturday morning. SIL and I went on a shopping spree on Saturday afternoon, something we've never really had the opportunity to do and probably spent way too much money. Saturday night was a barbecue with them, my son, daughter-in-law and grandson and several of my favourite people.

Fun, family and friends. It was totally impromptu and spur of the moment, which is very unlike me yet I had an absolutely delightful night. I drank way too much alcohol, in fact baby brother and I had way too many jelly vodkas and both ended up extremely happy. I'm not a real drinker and in almost forty years I've never been 'happy drunk' with my brother.

On Sunday, the SIL and I did a little more shopping and then came home for a little nana nap. Then we headed off to Bingo on Sunday night with the DIL, the SIL, a friend and her mum. To cap off a totally great weekend - I won $200. Yay me! I shared it with the DIL and the SIL so we all went home with more in our pockets.

Work was a total drudge today, not the least off which was that I just wanted sleep and recovery time. This getting old is for the birds. Tonight was a laid back night with takeaway dinner and a few laughs. The brother and family leave tomorrow morning, they're off in their caravan for a holiday on the coast. It' been a lovely visit and a perfect celebration for my birthday.

Here's some thinking material - I read this on a website here about the psychology of turning forty - 'Turning 40 is one of the key psychological milestones in a person’s life when they evaluate who they are and where they want to be going'. Well that definitely makes it sound more enticing.

I'll also catch up on all of my reading and commenting once my guests head off. Some things (or people) just have to take precedence, but you already know that don't you?

Okay it's bed time (everyone else has already crashed for the night) It's time for me to get some beauty sleep - so much more is required once you get as old as me. Have a great week people.

Cheers, Fi

Destiny is not a choice, it is a chance. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved. ~ William Jennings Bryan

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday!

    and... just so you know -- 50 is even better!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts