Thursday, November 17, 2011

Inspired by colour

My days seem to be happier - for several months since I gave up smoking I felt like I was living in a fog. Everything and everyone, both at home and at work annoyed me.

It's only been the last few weeks that I've felt like the fog has lifted and the irritability has disappeared. This afternoon I was a little late in leaving work when I made the fortuitous discovery that this morning when I parked my car I left the keys in the ignition.

It was a hot day and there I sat propped up against the building, waiting for rescue by the RAA (Mobile Road Service). I was munching on a packet of chips and sipping on my water chuckling about my 'old age forgetfulness' and posting my idiocy on Facebook via my phone. Despite that, life is indeed pretty good again.

Any of you who hang around this blog now and again will know of my love of bright and colourful things. Today I found the most amazing blog in terms of colour, positivity and spirituality. Here's the link for Sealed with Love if you're interested in having a look. I could spend hours reading and exploring on this site.

I also learnt about mandalas after reading about them on Louise's Dream , Inspire, Create blog, of course then I had to google them to see what they were and discovered this:

The word "mandala" is from the classical Indian language of Sanskrit. Loosely translated to mean "circle," a mandala is far more than a simple shape. It represents wholeness, and can be seen as a model for the organizational structure of life itself--a cosmic diagram that reminds us of our relation to the infinite, the world that extends both beyond and within our bodies and minds.

Describing both material and non-material realities, the mandala appears in all aspects of life: the celestial circles we call earth, sun, and moon, as well as conceptual circles of friends, family, and community.

This is a Tibetan sand mandala - don't you love it?
So many fun and interesting things to discover and learn about - all combined with colour and creativity. Just some of my favourite things. Do you know that every day of work for me is now filled with colour and creativity and design and writing. I'm waiting for the bubble to burst, yet I'm praying that it doesn't.

I feel like I fell into this job on the project and because nothing like this has ever been done in my workplace before - I basically get to make up the rules up as I go along. I'm having a wow of a time creating and designing communication solutions and materials, plus writing and reading and learning new things. The bosses seem happy, so I guess I'm doing something right.

Hope you've had a sunshiney day today (okay so that's probably a little over the top and a bit much - but hopefully it's at least made you smile)

Days are always ten times better when you're lucky enough to be doing the things you love and the question for all of you - if you're not doing the things you love - why not?

Cheers, Fi

Note: This picture below is what I found when googling the image 'inspiration' - yes I'm sure in a setting like this I could be extremely inspired.

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely read this morning!

    So glad you're world is sunny and bright.

    And yup -- that photo. that place. I'll meet you there!

    ReplyDelete

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts