Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Back to school

Puppy school that is. I've never been to puppy school before, it's all about teaching your puppy social skills, manners and good behaviour. I think half of our project team need to go to puppy school.

Consequently, not much time for words tonight - but two things to share. This snippet came from another Change Management site - they have some really good things on them. This one you can find here, but this bit I had to post.

John Lennon famously said that life is what happens while you're busy making other plans - personal change is a constant part of our human journey. We survive the drama of adolescence, the responsibilities of adulthood, and the challenges of ageing.

The recent ABC TV series 'Making Australia Happy' emphasised two key strategies for personal wellbeing.

First, practise mindfulness, or trying to 'live in the present'. Try to avoid replaying past failures, guilt and resentments, and being too anxious about what is ahead.

Secondly, clarify your personal vision for the future by writing down what you would hope people would say about you at your funeral - then work backwards!

The second share is this website called Polyvore (and I might be way behind the times and you may have seen / heard about it already) but it follows on from the post I did about dream journals on my other blog - just one more thing which I will find time to catch up on this week. Too many things going on and not enough hours in my days at the moment.

Anyway, the site is a great way for putting together vision boards without the mess. Be creative without leaving the computer. Have a look if you get a chance, there's heaps of examples to look at and then you can create your own by clicking on the 'create ' tab.

So that's it for tonight - I'm exhausted and need to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts