Friday, February 3, 2012

Have you had your 'Vitamin Me' today?


I’m not a big fan of competitions – only because I never win, but I’ve found a really good sounding one. As my dear mum always says ‘You have to be in it to win it’, so of course I have to enter.

I found this competition on Nuffnang – strange name but probably only because I’m old (forty is positively ancient after all), I’m sure hip and trendy young things know what Nuffnang means. Anyway, before I can tell you about this competition, I have to share a little story with you.

Let me share a little story about a tired and hardworking mother of three boys, grandmother of one baby boy and auntie to another boy. Boy, boys, boys – everywhere you turn, so obviously you can understand how ‘overworked’ this poor mum is. Not to mention the overgrown boy she’s married to.

Most days the mum looks like this (only with blonde hair 
and this pic is on a good day) 

 
On a bad day she looks more like this (again with blonde hair, 
not red – but you get the idea)


One day the mum was trawling across the internet and found this site


On this website, she learnt about an amazing new discovery which will revolutionise the world. A newly discovered vitamin which is easy to find, costs nothing to attain and has amazing properties capable of nurturing the body, mind and soul.

Vitamin Me can be found in all forms, but is best attained by experiencing exciting adventures, soaking up some arts and culture, consuming delicious food and wine, or enjoying some beautiful scenery and wildlife

The best sources of Vitamin Me in North Queensland
If you don’t have a blog or you don’t live in Australia, then it sucks to be you because you can’t really enter, (pause here for meaningful sigh). You probably could create a blog with a winning post in the next 7 days, or move to Australia, or at least plan to visit Australia and then make full use of the prize. But….. let me save you the effort, because if positive thinking has anything to do with it, then the prize is already mine.

In case you're also a positive thinker like me, I'll share the details of the competition with you because I believe strongly in the idea that the best WO/man  will win. Chuckle, chuckle.

All you have to do is compose a post on your blog explaining how you would boost your vitamin levels if you won a $5000 dream holiday in Queensland. It can be pictures, recipes, words whatever you want.

The competition opens on the 24th January and runs until (AEST) 10 February 2012, so get your posts in quick on the Nuffnang competition entry page. The entries will be judged by Tourism Queensland and will be based on originality and creativity. The winner will be announced on the Nuffnang website on Monday 13th February 2012.

But just in case you missed me saying it earlier, this will be me below after getting my massive dose of Vitamin Me in Queensland when I win. 


So the only real purpose for me in writing this post, besides creating THE winning entry, is to remind you all to ensure you’re getting sufficient amounts of Vitamin Me in your life and to find it some other way, because the Queensland gig is mine. 

It also means that when I’m sunning myself on a beautiful beach in far north Queensland and posting pictures to my blog you’ll be able to feel suitable levels of envy knowing how I got there.

Cheers, Fi

3 comments:

  1. *meaningful sigh* I look exactly like the first one right this minute and hopefully won't look like the next by the end of the day : )Good Luck To You!! I'll be looking forward to pics of your vacation in Queensland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! What a cool prize!!

    Do you think we could have been separated at birth?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely haven't gotten enough Vitamin Me this week. That probably explains why I woke up at 4:15 AM on a Saturday and can't get back to sleep. Wow, it's quiet in the house right now! ;-)

    Good luck in the competition!

    ReplyDelete

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts