Saturday, June 9, 2012

6WS - Ask yourself, will it matter tomorrow?

If it won't matter tomorrow then it's probably not worth stressing about or worrying over. I'm asking myself this question a lot these days. I'm one of those people who have moments where I'm prone to worrying - generally about my children.

NIne times out of ten what I'm worrying about doesn't happen but I make myself feel sick considering all of the horrible 'maybes'. I've taken to asking this question when some idiot cuts me off on the road or someone does something thoughtless.

Will it matter tomorrow, not one little bit. So I let it go. It's a conscious decision I'm making to just let it go and not stress over it.

My brother is the best one I know for trusting in the universe (not that he would ever, ever refer to it as someting quite so flakey) He just trusts that things will work out. Last night I was bemused at how things just all fall into place for him - why, because he just believes they will. I know it drives my sister-in-law crazy, it even drives me crazy sometimes but I also envy his ability.

A friend died several weeks ago - very suddenly, none of the things he could have been worrying about will matter now. It kind of shakes things up when you consider how short life can be. So ask yourself, will it matter tomorrow - because it probably won't and the reality is - what will be, will be... regardless of how hard you try to change things.

This might sound contradictory to what I usually write about here, because I do believe we are in control of our lives and our actions can change our worlds - but most of that is based on our attitude and what we do. Believe it can happen and it will, and push the negative, nasty time wasting thoughts to the side.

I think the most important thing to remember besides having a good attitude towards things and believing - is in having that plan of action. There's no point sitting and worrying, take action, do something, anything.

Agree or disagree, tell me your thoughts and I promise not to get upset, because will it matter to me tomorrow - nuh, probably not!

Have a great week everyone

Cheers, Fi

8 comments:

  1. I agree with your stress free post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trouble is, we can all put our sensible heads on and know this. Acting upon it's harder, even though we know it to be true. Good luck with handling yours and sorry about your friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's it entirely, while we know it, we can't necessarily do it

      Delete
  3. When my kids were little I told them about the "big deals" and the "Little Deals". The big deals were the things that affected their every day life and the little deals... well they didn't matter much... did they? Now, they remind me of that lesson all the time....
    The saying that life is too short is really true... we should all live each day as if it were our last on this planet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Big deals and little deals - I like that and simple enough for kids to understand, adults too for that matter

      Delete
  4. Having too many of the big things that WILL matter tomorrow to worry about lately, I definitely agree that the little things need to be let go. I could only imagine if I took those on as well lately! It is much easier said than done, but it CAN be a conscious decision to worry about something. I have found that some of the things that I THOUGHT were big are really tiny in the grand scheme of things.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen - I hope that some of the big things ease up real soon so that you only have the little things to let go of

      Delete
    2. Thanks Fi We're getting there. Daniel started a new blog, by the way. He said he was done writing on his old one, but then I think he realized he's caught the blogging bug. He posted the link on his old blog, but I pointed out that people aren't going to see it because he announced that he was done writing. Here's the new link if you're interested: http://livingbipolarii.blogspot.com/

      Delete

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts