Saturday, June 2, 2012

6WS- Some people make a big impact

They become such a part of our lives..........and we don't realise just how much until they're gone. We all think we'll live forever and that our loved ones will live forever. Until it's too late.

Someone we've known for almost 20 years passed away this week, his death was as sudden as it was unexpected. This was my tribute to him here.

Almost the whole neighbourhood turned out yesterday to mourn his passing. I don't believe anyone realised how far this guy's reach was or how many people knew and loved him. Everyone is in shock - still.

Videos show the hundreds who turned out to farewell him and flowers and written tributes cover the entire front of the shop that he owned with his family.

I can picture him laughing and joking about the fuss that everyone has made - because that's just the kind of guy he was - joking, taking the piss, laughing.

Missed but never forgotten, RIP Moussa,

Cheers, Fi

I'm linking up with Cate who gives us all a place to visit and connect. Want to play along with Six Word Saturday, it's easy? All that's necessary to participate is to describe your life (or something) in a phrase using just six words. For more information, try clicking here. Feeel free to explain or not explain. Add an image, a video, a song, nothing 

10 comments:

  1. A very nice tribute. My condolences on your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You picked a beautiful picture to go along with this post. Again, I am sorry for the loss of what sounds like a great person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen - I loved the picture also, it seemed fitting

      Delete
  3. I love the picture too! And life is such a precious commodity that so many people take for granted....
    I know it is hard to do --- but somehow it would be nice to live each day on earth as if it were your last!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda - many of us know that we should live each day like it was our last but not many of us do

      Delete
  4. How lovely that so many felt touched by one person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sad also Debbie when you don't realise until that person is gone

      Delete
  5. They surely do, and I can think of a few. Sad for you. I hate when it's sudden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jo - I think we all know a few. Sudden is definitely hard

      Delete

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts