Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Bobby pins, shoes and dollar coins

Finally two words, headache free - for almost a full whole day now. Pause for a little party dance here. My head still feels a little thick, not sure how else to describe it.

Onward and upward from here, surely.

It's nearly bedtime so quick words tonight. I do however have some great websites to share with you. They're worth a look if you get a chance. The only down side is that they ask you to sign in so that you can read the articles..

The bobby pin article indicated below was forwarded to those of us in the Women in Leadership Group by our HR Manager. I did my usual Google trick though and found the actual website. There appears to be some really good articles and as an added bonus when you sign in to the site you get a free eBook with 52 Tips on being organised.

Bonus, I could pass on the e-book about being organised to any one of the mere males in my world ~ grin ~

If you do decide to sign in, I'd love to hear your thoughts. The home page is here Women's Village and if you sign in then you can view this article Why confidence is like a bobby pin.

Okay one more quick share before I toddle off to bed. I posted this last year after it was shared with me and here it is again this year (unfortunately this is only in South Australia and New South Wales at this stage, I'm not sure if this exists anywhere else, but there may be similar things)

In short, the Butterfly Movement between July 24 & August 31, 2012 are collecting gently worn and new shoes which will then be provided to people in need in Tanzania and Australia who are disadvantaged because they do not own shoes.


What a fantastic idea - and why wouldn't you contribute? Spread the word people, lets make a difference and change a life. Visit the Butterfly Movement website for more information.

That's me done for tonight, have a super week and thank you to everyone for their supportive words and suggestions in getting through my sugar withdrawals this week. There really is light at the end of the tunnel.

Cheers, Fi






No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts