Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Feeling more sour than sweet

I know what I need to do, I know what I want to do and still here I stay not doing anything and feeling miserable about it. The wind is blowing furiously outside at the moment and that kind of fits my mood as well.

I'm frustrated by circumstances and people in equal measure. I want to stand in the middle of the street and scream at the top of my lungs. Possibly won't be too appealing for my neighbours though, given that it's 9.45pm.

A popular song contains the words "You got to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to walk away and know when to run" I'm just not sure how to figure out which one I should be doing. I'm resisting the urge to run though.

I'll be quite honest, my head is all over the place at the moment. If I didn't believe how bad sugar was for you before my attempts to give it away, I do now. I'm still going strong with no sugar whatsoever but boy is my body giving me hell. The headaches have been there for over a week, in varying levels of annoyance.

I'm taking baby steps this week, although giving up sugar is more of an elephant step, or is it more that I feel like I've been run over by an elephant, a bloody big one)

I bought a set of bathroom scales today, because having got through the first week of no sugar, I am determined to lose weight. Today I also drank only one cup of coffee, admittedly though I had two cups of tea. This is quite monumental as a previous drinker of 6+ cups of coffee a day.

Okay that's all my words for today, I'm exhausted in both body and soul. I need to regroup and re-sweeten my thinking, because my thoughts are fairly sour at the moment.

Cheers, Fi






2 comments:

  1. Hi Fi,sorry you are having such a rough go at this and body not cooperating. Dont give up! And for the other issues you speak of, hand it over to GOD. Trust in GOD and he will guide you. I saw this article and thought about you. Maybe you can use some of these alternatives and trick your body into thinking it is gettin sugar so the headaches will go away. Just a thought.

    http://shopping.yahoo.com/news/taste-test--healthy-sugar-alternatives.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your words of encouragement Jenn, I think we're getting there. Feeling better today thankfully. Thanks for the link - the first three things on that web page are things that my chiropractor also advised me to use.

      Delete

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts