Monday, August 13, 2012

Multi-tasking Dreamweaver

I had one of those weekends where I felt like I got plenty of things done, I haven't had one of those in quite a while. There's 3 more games of football left for youngest so then I get my Saturdays back, which will be nice.

When you pile all the house cleaning, the washing (sadly I feel like I wash enough clothes to clothe a small nation) and the food shopping into a weekend there's not many hours left to do the things I want to do.

I did all of that, plus attended son's football match, got all of our tax returns finished finally and also submitted them to the tax office. In addition, I did some rock solid work on setting up my writer website - a freelance writing career is in my future, because I believe it.

I also made time to have dinner with the girls on Saturday to celebrate a birthday - it was a night of amazing curries cooked by the hostess with the mostest and more shared laughter than I've had in the longest of times. We took partners as well, luckily they get on well and keep each other amused.

Here's an amazing fact, all 6 of us girls smoked when we worked together and in the last 12 months all but one of us has given up smoking. The one who hasn't is the baby of the group so I guess she's got a few years to go yet before she hits the forty mark, well the thirty mark even and that's when she realises she's too old for smoking. It does happen chickie, eventually.

It's now day 13 of no sugar and I'm still going strong. I wouldn't say that I've lost any weight according to the scales, but my clothes are definitely looser, I don't feel bloated and I feel happier, more balanced. Which is to say that I felt grumpy, not so good, unhappy and unbalanced for those first few hellish days.

Every now and again you find a blog that just calls out to you and has everything you've been searching for. I found it tonight, if you've ever believed or dreamed that for a small moment that you could travel and make a living from blog writing well then you'll appreciate how envious I am that this guy is living my dream.

This quote from an interview he gave says it all for me "I make a full time living from my blog. It’s the sole source of my income. I won’t give an exact number but I make just over six figures per year with my job. I make most of my money through my ebooks as well as my sponsorships. They account for roughly 50% of my income. The rest comes from a mix of affiliate sales, consulting work, and adsense sales."

See it is possible - you just have to believe, but all in good time - I am mother first, wife second and for now I'm taking all the necessary steps to get to where I need to be. They were my choices and some things take precedence.

Hope your taking steps to make your dreams a reality too.

Cheers, Fi






No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts