Thursday, March 14, 2013

Banish negative energy

If they say that we are the sum average of the five people we spend the most time with, then it stands to reason that to be successful - I probably need to expand my group (or change it) 

We all know what it’s like to be around people who are negative, resentful or even miserable and how their negative energy seems to creep in and around you, and before you know it you’re enveloped in that same energy sapping cloud. These kinds of people are exhausting to be around. 
I dislike being negative and miserable. I know that positive thoughts attract good things. Yet while this is all good logical thinking, it’s not the easiest to put in practice when you’re annoyed and frustrated with people and circumstances that are out of your control. 

I spend 8 hours a day, 5 days a week in an environment which at the moment is not conducive to positive thinking and success. Lack of understanding or communication breeds misunderstanding and resentment; luckily the two people most often in my circle are usually positive and upbeat. Otherwise I think I would just stay in the car park sitting in my car most days. 

When I write it all out like that, the answers seem quite obvious. However, not everything falls into place as we expect, people and circumstances will often play havoc with those seemingly obvious answers. It’s those people and circumstances which are frustrating me the most. 

I know I can’t change the people or the circumstances. I can only change the way I choose to react to it or them (or not react as the case may be). It’s also this part of the equation which I’m not good at, instead I get angry and sad and resentful. Anger brings tears. 

I’m currently behaving like the sort of person I don’t really want to be around.  

So now the answer really is obvious, I actually need to spend less time with myself.  

Go on smile, you know you want to


2 comments:

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts