Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Dancing in the rain

Someone took the sunshine away today and the rain now falls in a steady stream. I sit at the same outside 'office' desk on mum and dad's verandah and instead of birds today I listen to the pitter patter of rain on the roof. Yet, the words continue to flow from my fingers.

I now realise it's not blue skies and sunshine which make the words appear on my computer screen, it's a feeling of peace and relaxation and the feeling that all is right with my world.

I have a lunch date with my sister-in-law, her mum, her best friend and my baby niece. Even the rain can't put a damper on that. Although the distance from the house to my car to go for that lunch means I might get a little damper :-)

I'm starting to feel refreshed and more relaxed, I looked after my niece and nephew for a few hours last night while my sister-in-law went to netball training (their daddy is away on business) and then I came home and slept for 9 1/2 hours - despite doing nothing yesterday other than writing, reading and breathing country air.

I have a couple of job interviews and a coffee catch-up lined up for next week which eases my mind and makes me remember that I have plenty to offer and that I just need to sell myself better. Several very smart people have reminded me of that fact, so unless they collaborate on their advice to me, I probably should listen to their words of wisdom.

What will be, will be.

Cheers, Fi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts