Thursday, December 26, 2013

My life in reflection

There's something about this time of year which makes you pause and think about what has gone before and what lies ahead for the coming year. It's after the craziness of Christmas has passed and before the New Year arrives.

My Christmas was a very tame, some might say boring, one. We did our family Christmas on Sunday when all of the family were available, so the actual day was a quiet one. No mad cooking or stressing on Christmas Day for me.

The big thing, I got to hug all my boys and my grandson on Christmas morning, which is better than any Christmas present anyone could buy me. I'm seriously considering volunteering in a homeless kitchen or something similar for Christmas next year - has anyone else done this?

I fit in a nice nanna nap at mid day and then took a late afternoon walk on the beach with hubby, youngest son, our dog and our friends dog (on loan for the week) What a way to finish up Christmas Day. Oh and I finally got to meet youngest son's new girlfriend. What a sweetheart she is.

Now on Boxing Day it's a time for me to reflect on all that has happened this year and my hopes and dreams and goals for 2014. So many things I want to do and see and experience. How do you fit it all in.

I started taking back control in August this year when I resigned from my employer of 12 years. It was a scary and at the same time exhilarating decision and one that only a few of my nearest and dearest actually understood and supported. I took a leap of faith and a big ol' net appeared to catch me, as I believed it would.

My new job is the start of amazing things, a time for me to learn and grow. My application is also in and accepted to commence my MBA in March. I won't think too hard on that one at the moment because I'm terrified and excited about that one as well, because it's both a huge financial and time commitment for me.

But...you never, never know...if you don't at least take a chance and try.

I have to consider the reality that my current job is a fixed term contract until July 2016 and that means being prepared and ready for what comes next.

Our trip to Phuket is booked for early 2014, I've only talked about this for years and years. Just a little bit excited about this one as well. Then I will begin planning where I want to go next. I've always had a true desire to visit Italy, so we'll see.

So what else do I need to achieve in 2014, well my writing has dwindled to very little. I have at least another couple of books in me, so may be a little less time on the internet and Facebook and a little bit more concentrated effort on putting words on the page is needed.

..on a side note just because it's bothering the heck out of me, my 'f' button is sticking and not typing correctly on my keyboard - what's that about?

I've finally decided on two small tattoos that I want to get done, hopefully before I return to work from my Christmas break. Meaningful ones for me, but I'll wait until they're done before sharing them with you.

Okay I'm out of words for now, I have another ten days after today to rest, relax and reflect. Plenty of time for more words and more planning.

Hope you all had a sensational Christmas Day surrounded by your loved ones and have plenty o exciting things to look forward to in 2014. Life is short, we need to be thankful for what we have and plan for how we achieve what we want.

Love and hugs to all of you, Fi



2 comments:

  1. Have a fantastic 2014, Fi. I know you will make it a great one! I can honestly say I don't know what I am looking forward to in the coming year. Just looking for stability and peace after a pretty rocky ride since September. Sometimes we just have to get on solid ground before dreaming again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you and the family have a sensational 2014 Karen. Sometimes stability and peace are the most important dreams we can have xxx

      Delete

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts