Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Drinking your way to the top

So somewhere in the world exists a boss who pays his staff bonuses based on the amount of alcohol consumed and the ability to hold it together better than him. I'd be on the poverty line given I'm not a big drinker at all.

What an absurd way of giving out bonuses, I've never heard of anything like this. It was being discussed on the radio this morning when I was driving to work so of course I had to Google and see where this was.

It's in Jinhua, in the Zhejiang Province but the company is unnamed. Probably a good thing not naming and shaming the company. Check it out for yourself  http://www.whatsonxiamen.com/news34582.html

Would you want to work for an employer like this? I'm sure there's not much incentive to do a good job if all you have to do is drink with more class than the boss.

Moving on, I had one of those lightbulb moments today, and no it had nothing to do with the alcohol bonus. I think I've finally hit on a business idea that suits me and my skill set and is something I adore doing. So stay tuned, I need to do some research first.

Cheers, Fi


2 comments:

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts