Friday, May 30, 2014

Happy feet

How do you know you've had a busy week - it's the little things. My magazines which I buy every week and always pick up from my local deli on a Monday night are still sitting on the lounge waiting to be read.

Oh and I forgot all about them until the deli owner reminded me on Wednesday night when I dropped in to pick up milk on my way home - now that never happens, that I forget that is.

Tonight I sit down to do nothing more than write a blog post and watch a little bit of television and when I open the TV book it's still on Sunday which is the day it came out.

These are crazy days and I need to develop routines which keep me in check so I don't forget the important stuff. The Global Corporate Challenge started this week, which means I absolutely will not go a day without walking at least 10,000 steps. I do love this program.

We set off from the Palace Versailles on Wednesday (metaphorically speaking) and with a number of fellow employees doing the same program it's nothing to get an email mid afternoon saying who's up for a quick walk around the block.

This week I've been doing staff catch up meetings as part of our change program and one of those meetings today I did while walking the city streets with a co-walker. Walking no longer seems like a chore, doing it in little blocks of time has become a fun challenge.

I'm walking 7- 8 kilometres a day now and feeling more energetic and happy as a result. Our team is called Happy Feet and I really do have happy feet as a result of this program.

The extra energy is a good thing given how much I have going on. Three and a half hour exam last night straight from work, then my entire weekend will be spent in school and there's plenty going on at work at the same time.

The thing is, now I'm into my third month of study and this routine of work and study and I love it, sure it's hard work but it's challenging and interesting. I'll have to come up with something else to occupy me when I finish.

The dentist, as expected, was a horrible torturous event in my week, today is the first day since I went Monday that I haven't needed painkillers to get through the day. Seventeen years since my last dentist appointment and here is exactly the reason why - they're masochists. Well not really, my dentist and surgeon are both lovely people. But they inflict pain....

I have perfect teeth except for this stupid tooth which somehow I damaged in my childhood (I'm thinking it could have been the day I landed flat on my face off the swing at about 8 years old - I buggered my back for life and now it would seem that I probably damaged my tooth as well)

This week it needed to come out, have I told you I hate dentists yet?

Okay I have a small window of time left before bed to read some meaningless magazines - not textbooks, not self help or motivational books - just trashy gossip magazines.

Have a fantastic week everybody.

Cheers, Fi

RIP Maya Angelou




2 comments:

  1. I love to look at the trashy gossip magazines, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see I'm not the only one Kate

    ReplyDelete

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts