Sunday, November 23, 2014

I have a dream...

It's Sunday morning and instead of being in school this weekend learning about Strategic Operations and Process. I'm instead sitting at my desk and reading all my reminders on the wall in front of me as I write this post.

I look at these sayings every day and they spur me on. For the record, I'm not playing hooky from school either, this month is an online learning and self paced month, so I can space my learning over the next four weeks.

However, my business plans excite me more at this moment....so maybe I am playing hooky after all....

The words of inspiration on my wall include;
  • Everything happens for a reason, live it, love it, learn from it. Make your smile change the world, but don't let the world change your smile.
  • If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.
  • The possibilities are endless...one merely needs to step forward.
  • Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.
Plus the individual words...Achieve, Be Brave, Inspire, Believe and Dream Big.

The reason I wanted to share these phrases and words is because this is who I am and what I believe in. For the longest time I've being kicking around the idea of my own online business and yet I couldn't quite get a handle on what it was that I wanted it to be. I did know there were several elements which were important and non-negotiable.
  1. It has to be location independent, being that I could run it from anywhere in the world with a computer and an internet connection (because high on my goal list is world travel, as often and as regular as I can afford it and fit it in)
  2. It has to involve my love of writing and graphic designing, combined with the newly evolving love of instructional and elearning design.
  3. It also has to be something I am passionate about, somewhere in the realms of personal development and self improvement.
  4. It should also incorporate my love of organising, facilitating and planning.
It may have taken me 43 years to discover exactly what it is (I recently turned a year older and the years are not slowing down for me) but finally I have an idea of what it looks like and for the last few months all of my ideas and thoughts have been coming together.

That's why so many of those phrases on my wall in front of me make sense, that and the belief that everything happens for a reason and if we believe strongly enough, then what we want will eventually come to us. We always have to give it a helping hand though by taking action.

With those thoughts in mind...I anticipate that my new business, which is under rapid design and development, will launch at the end of January 2015. Inspiration to Dream Life Coaching - complete with online elearning courses, coaching, resources and workbooks to help people achieve their 'dream lives' is my goal which is soon to become a reality.

It's a little exciting, okay it's a whole lot of exciting as I kick around planning ideas for elearning courses in goal setting, communication, writing it down, stretching your comfort zone, confidence and belief....or courses along those lines to start with.

The elearning of old was a whole lot of boring...it's so much more exciting and engaging these days. Everything at the right time and in the right place. I had to be in my new job to learn what I have, to find my way to discover what I need to do.

Planning and organisation is key for me at the moment. I have one more subject left this year for my own study, with an exam on the 18th December - now that's a dumb time for an exam if you ask me. Then I don't go back to school till the 28th January (for a resit of an exam on a subject that I seriously suck at - strategic financial issues)

On an aside note, my youngest son is literally a genius at maths and finances - I may have to employ him down the track. Plus I have a friend who is about to commence a degree in finance (that would be my worst form of torture). It just goes to show that we all have our own strengths and weaknesses and that I will obviously never be a financial wizard or aspire to be one.

Anyways, you can see my timelines are non-negotiable. I have to work within the boundaries of time which I have. Plus our first stage of the IT project at work launches April / May, so I have some heavy duty months of activity after Christmas break when I go back to work.

To any of you reading this - any thoughts on subjects which could be of value or that you think would be interesting to learn more about in an e-course then I would love to hear what you think.

Anyways, in the coming weeks I may be blogging, I may not. There's plenty of things for me to do and plan, but I'll keep you all up to speed on my progress - regardless of how busy I get. I'll try not to stay away for almost a month and then write a book like post like I have here as well.

Wish me luck - I'm chasing my dreams and I hope you're living the life of your dreams, or at least starting to map it out for the future....and if not then I might have a solution or two for you in January.

Cheers, Fi




1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the January timeline. I have no idea where you find the extra hours in the day (see previous post) as that is why I haven't launched my online business yet, but each week I edge a little closer. I have another coaching assignment to post off today (phew). I am still in the module planning stage but have a lot of technical work to do before a launch.

    ReplyDelete

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts