Saturday, March 28, 2015

The light at the end of the tunnel...

What a week its been, my brain is absolutely overflowing with so much information, so much so, that tonight I plan to sit and quietly make sense of everything I've learnt this week. That's the party animal in me breaking free on a Saturday night.

Brain overload aside, now I need to work out what my next steps are personally and with my business plans.

Last Sunday I attended Natasa's Ultimate 48 Hour Author workshop which were four inspiring and well spent hours. Writing is in my heart and learning about some of her techniques for 'unpacking' your book and getting your words on the page are right in line with my goals.

I've always been and will always be, a writer at heart, even when I think there's other things out there I always keep coming back to my writing. So I need to figure out how it all works together.

Then I had my first week of NLP training with Peter Radcliffe and Miriam Henke - and just wow! This training session was one of the most profound experiences of my life. I've never spent such a stimulating and exhilarating week with such amazing individuals.

There were seven of us 'learners' in the group and in five days we cried, we laughed and we dreamt big dreams. And boy did we discover and learn so much about ourselves and each other.

To Ann Marie, Crystal, Gina, Marian, Kelly and Evie you girls rock and made this week an amazing journey of discovery - here's to the future and all of us having the inspiration to dream our dreams and make them reality.

I feel like I can take on the world...but that's okay because now I'm really discovering how. Can't wait for week two.

Back to work on Monday and reality...the next nine weeks will be my busiest since I started this job as we get ready for our first IT system roll out. I need to use some of my learned techniques this week to strengthen my belief in getting it all done on time.

In with all of the busyness I get a nice trip to Darwin, one of my favourite places on earth, to conduct some training and at least it's something to look forward to.

In May I will also finish my last MBA subject, my last assignment, my last exam. The 30th of May is the light at the end of my tunnel, it's when I can finally start to breathe again.

But then....well then begins my next journey, whatever that may be, because 'sitting still and waiting made no one great ever'
 
Hope you're living your dream, or at least working towards your dreams.

Cheers, Fi


No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts