Saturday, October 3, 2015

The power of our thoughts

I'm a big believer that what we focus on most is what we bring into our lives. I didn't always believe that but then that's part of growing, learning more about myself and my life and realising how we alone can control our lives and guide them in the direction we need to go.

Sure I'm not a total 'head in the clouds' kind of person, I still realise shitty things happen but I also think they happen for a reason and its all in what we take from the shitty moment and how we respond. I've lost count of the number of people I know who have no direction in their lives, are miserable with everything and everyone, and yet they don't do anything to help themselves but complain.

Surely the more you complain and focus on what's wrong, the more of that you attract into your life. It's taken me a long time and a lot of self discovery and learning to realise the truth in that statement.

I'm getting immensely good at reframing my thinking and learning from my experiences. Sure I still get down occasionally, I still sometimes feel lost and wonder whether my 'big' dreams will ever eventuate, but I also have too many real life things and synchronicities which have happened for me to believe it won't.

Have you ever been around someone who blames everyone and everything for the miserable state of their life but won't do anything to help themselves. It's draining and exhausting to listen to. Yet, it's never easy to change patterns of behaviour which have become a regular way of thinking and feeling.

But doesn't the thought of living every day of your life feeling that way make you want to change your thinking and take action to change your life. It sure makes me stand up and take notice. No-one can simply wait for that magic fairy dust to fall from the sky or for the knight in shining armour (or whatever the female version is) to ride in and rescue them.

The truth is the only person who can change your life is you and the best place to start is with your thinking. If you think it won't happen, it probably won't. If you think you'll never have money to do the things you want, then you probably won't. If you believe you'll never improve your situation or your illness defines you then then you're probably right.

What have you got to lose in imagining what you could have and what your life could be like. Thinking positive thoughts doesn't cost anything. Wouldn't you rather be around someone who talks about their dreams and goals rather then moans about their shitty job and horrible partner. Aren't positive and motivating people more fun to be around?

The thing is, once you start thinking good things you still can't sit and wait for that magic fairy dust or white knight, you still have to take responsibility for your life. You have to do something, anything to change things.

Miserable in your job - fine then what do want to be doing, what are you good at, what do you enjoy? Jobs may not be abundant on the ground at the moment, but wishing for one won't make it real either. If you need more skills, then go out and do some extra training. If you need more hands on ability then volunteer - there's plenty of places that would welcome assistance.

There is always an opportunity for the person who looks for it and takes action. Surround yourself with people who believe in you and talk about your dreams and goals, the more you focus on what you want and not so much on what you don't want, then the more likely you are to find what you're looking for.

None of it requires anything more than positive thoughts and bravery to step up and out of your comfort zone to take action, or otherwise stay where you are and keep doing what you're doing, but don't complain - because the choice is always yours.

Soapbox spiel done for the night, I'm working on some big arse dreams which scare the pants off me and make my stomach clench with fear, but if determination and positive thinking count for anything then you'll all be able to say that 'you knew me when...'

Happy positive thinking everyone.

Cheers, Fi


No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone has something valuable to say and I would love for you to share your thoughts